Sunday, November 12, 2006

Random Occurrences

So I was out at a bar last night with some friends and I was waiting in a (long) line to use the ladies' room, when I hear fairly clearly, over all of the noise in the bar, my full name. I look up to see three people walking past, none of them stopping or looking at me. So I decided to get out of line and stop them. It turns out that it was this guy who was in one of my last classes in college. He told his friends, one of which also went to school with us but whom I didn't know, that he knew me. They told him: yeah, right. So he decided to say my name as they walked by and see if I did anything. WTF...but still, I'm glad he did because he's a really nice guy (at least from what I knew of him in Politics in Africa), and I'm always glad to make another friend out here. It turns out that he's interning at some institute for peace studies and bartending part-time. So he lives here in the District, too. How random is that?? He's actually the second person from school I've run into out here in just three months. Crazy, huh?

No comments: